Are you an experienced Maintenance Professional, with a background in Engineering? Fancy joining a long established, world leading organisation? If so, Oliver Valves is the perfect place for you.
We are looking for a Maintenance Operative to join our family-owned organisation with over 40 years of business within oil, gas and petrochemical industry.
Our Oliver Valve companies, based in Knutsford, are one of the world's leading manufacturers in high pressure valves for the oil, gas, hydrogen and carbon capture industries. We have won recognized awards for Export, Manufacturing and Growth - as well as the coveted Queens Award for Industry.
Oliver Valves pride themselves on development, commitment and growth. People are the core of everything we do, and as such we focus on recruiting people with the right attitude, flexibility, enthusiasm and the willingness to learn. We can teach you the skills required and develop you onwards.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Operative and you are looking for an investing employer then Oliver Valves is the one for you.
The role of Maintenance Operative will be to Implement a preventative maintenance programme across all sites UK, manage and perform asset maintenance, assist with the co-ordination and performance of facilities maintenance and Prioritise breakdowns to ensure reduced lost time.
The successful Maintenance Operative will be responsible for:
- Ensure breakdowns are treated as a priority.
- Ensure maintenance plans are in place and implemented by self or others.
- Make repair/replace decisions for the benefit of the business.
- Manage on-site contractors performing maintenance, facilities and new installations. Ensuring all HSE standards are met.
- Assist with Calibration where possible.
- Sound mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to fault find and rectify issues with equipment.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communication skills at all levels both internally and external.
- Problem solving skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Time served or qualified engineer
- 3 years minimum experience in similar field
- Electro mechanical background